In general, a car vacuum cleaner is very different from a household vacuum cleaner in terms of power supply and connection. But we try to explain how to use a car vacuum cleaner at home. For one thing, a home vacuum system uses AC power or an AC power source, while a car vacuum cleaner uses DC power. By converting it, you will easily manage the device at home with great ease.
The vacuum cleaner has been developed in modern times as a very important device, especially for domestic use. Without a good and efficient vacuum cleaner, the cleaning process is likely to get messier than it used to be. But what if your device is not working properly and you urgently need to dispose of your junk?
Well, in these cases, you can use a vacuum cleaner for your car. We now know that car vacuum cleaners are not compatible with household sockets.
There are several ways to connect, convert and operate a car vacuum into a household vacuum cleaner. Household vacuum cleaners run on alternating current (AC) and car vacuum cleaners run on direct current (DC). To start a car vacuum from a home power outlet, you need to know how to convert this current.
Check the power rating of the car vacuum cleaner which is usually written on the chassis. A normal household has a nominal power supply of 220 volts from the main source. Check the vacuum and look for the vacuum label for the estimated vacuum power and voltage. The nominal voltage of a car vacuum cleaner is usually 12 volts DC. If you already know this, the next step is to determine the amount required for a safe, damage-free operation.
Vacuum cleaners seem to be very popular for cleaning these days, so they have become an indispensable household tool. Without your own vacuum cleaner at home, things can get very complicated and confusing. For example, what should you do if the house vacuum cleaner breaks down and needs to be repaired? At this point, the cleaning had to be stopped. The answer to cleaning your home in your car may be having a vacuum cleaner in your car. But wait? The car vacuum cleaners are not compatible with domestic / household sockets. That’s why we wrote a full article on how to turn a car vacuum into a home.
The challenge was to find a way to convert a 220V AC power supply to a 12V DC power supply. Since the car vacuum cleaner consumes around 10 amps, the power required is 100 watts.
How to use a car vacuum cleaner at home?
Method 1: 2 in 1 vacuum
One of the easiest ways to avoid all power button problems is to use a two-in-one vacuum tool. Most of these devices have special detachable mechanisms that make them very convenient and portable.
You should pay more attention to these features when choosing a two-in-one vacuum cleaner for cars and households. Using a 2-in-1 vacuum is one of the best ways to avoid a variety of diversion problems. Most 2-in-1 vacuum cleaners use detachable technology to make the device easy and convenient to use. Look out for these features with this 2-in-1 home and car vacuum cleaner:
- The vacuum cleaner must be equipped with two separate cleaning methods. You should be able to use it as a regular long handle vacuum and also as a portable car vacuum.
- Make sure your vacuum cleaner has a plug, if you use it to clean your car you must plug it in. The vacuum should be lightweight as it should be able to do both types of cleaning jobs.
- Don’t forget to check whether the vacuum cleaner has different accessories that are necessary to clean your car and your house separately or not.
- It can also be helpful if you prefer a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter because that is good for the vacuum cleaner.
- The car vacuum will of course come with a lighter plug and you will need a power source of at least 8 amps at 12 volts. After determining the location of the device, the next step is to buy a lighter plug to connect it to the power supply.
- You must also use a special HEPA filter. The HEPA filter is the best option because you need it as a multi-selective tool. Make sure that the package includes a set of accessories that are suitable for both types of cleaning: ordinary vacuum cleaner and car vacuum cleaner.
- Make sure the product you buy is light enough to use for both types of cleaning.
- To use the car cigarette lighter, it must have an interface, as this is the main socket of the car vacuum cleaner.
- Before it can be used as a regular vacuum cleaner or as a proper cleaning machine, it must have two stretched-handle cleaning modes.
Method 2: Use a PSU unit
This is the easiest and most sensible way to work with a car vacuum cleaner, as many families already have a power pack.
This is one of the cheapest ways to power a car vacuum, as many families already have a desktop power supply. The power supply ensures that you get approximately 400 watts of power without damaging the car’s vacuum cleaner. Follow these steps for a good start.
- First, you need to remove the outer cover of the vacuum cleaner and expose the electrical part of the device. When you reach the power pack, simply unplug the power cord with the batteries installed.
- Then connect your vacuum cleaner jumper cables to the power supply before using the connection cable to provide the necessary power from the socket.
- After that, position the power supply in the right position and align it properly with the vacuum cleaner and hoses to strengthen the connection. This step is important to ensure that no accidents occur during the cleaning process.
- After this process, install the power adapter in the right place and align it properly with the power adapter and the vacuum cleaner to improve the connection. This should be done to avoid accidents during the cleaning process.
If it looks very strange to use the PSU module or you eliminate the exterior cover for your vacuum cleaner. You can simply choose as much as above, where you also have other options for using your car for power purposes. You know, the vacuum is characterized by the number of personal identification of the cigarette lines, so you are asked to have a power source that you need to save eight boosters in 12 volts. Just go to an online shopping website like Amazon or eBay, so you can easily find a comparable energy socket. When the equipment is found for yourself, you must now buy or get the plug and cigarette lines to connect it to your energy source.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to use a vacuum cleaner on an air conditioner?
Yes, it is very easy to clean the air conditioner with a vacuum cleaner. The equipment must only be used above the unit surface, especially fans, filters, evaporators, ducts, ducts and coils.
- Is a vacuum cleaner really necessary at home?
A vacuum cleaner is essential for every home. A lot of dirt and garbage accumulates in our house on a regular basis and it is important to get rid of it because it not only makes your house dirty but also leads to various health problems.
- I want to use a vacuum cleaner for my car at home. Can I do this?
The car vacuum cleaner is DC powered and the vacuum cleaner made for house cleaning is AC powered which makes them different from each other. However, if you know how to change the power supply, you can use a vacuum cleaner to clean your home. Once you find a way to successfully turn on the power of the vacuum cleaner, you can easily use the car vacuum cleaner to clean your home.
- What happens when you clean water with Dyson?
Suction liquids such as water and wet objects can damage the electronic components of your Dyson vacuum and even pose a safety hazard. If you pump with a vacuum cleaner, you can get an electric shock. Moisture can cause a short circuit in the vacuum cleaner or damage the fan.
- Is it okay to use a household vacuum cleaner?
A vacuum cleaner is a valuable tool in cleaning any home. These extremely useful household appliances can remove dirt and dust, effectively clean floors and reduce the risk of allergies.
- Why do we need a vacuum cleaner?
For entertaining unexpected guests or maintaining a clean life, a vacuum cleaner is essential. The buildup of dead skin cells, dirt, dandruff, and bacteria not only affects the smell of your home, but also the clothes you wear when you go out. Can a vacuum cleaner make you shine?
If you use a vacuum cleaner in the pool, there is a risk of electric shock and serious damage to the device. Even if you avoid a disaster, your hands will get stuck when you need to empty your bin or garbage bag.
- How good is a vacuum cleaner?
Vacuum cleaners are more popular than they were when they first came out. These machines are one of the most convenient household appliances for cleaning. These devices can clean the air quality of the house and reduce the risk of allergies while effectively cleaning the house. A vacuum cleaner can save you energy and time when cleaning without a vacuum cleaner. Manual cleaning can take several hours, and a vacuum cleaner will get the job done in minutes because it’s fast.
As you can see, there are many ways in which a car vacuum cleaner can easily be used for home use. Other than that, as with any DIY project, you probably won’t benefit in any way. Once you know everything, you’re good to go. We encourage you to read all the options carefully before choosing the right one.
A car vacuum can be used at home provided you make it an AC compatible power supply in your home. You can use the power adapter on desktops, lighter sockets or 2-in-1 vacuum cleaners in the car and at home. Constant power consumption is essential for using a car vacuum cleaner at home.